WHAT IS TRAUMA
Trauma is a term used to describe an experience in life, which is extremely disturbing, impacting on the emotional and mental health wellbeing of an individual. Trauma can be the result of many different experiences, varying in intensity.
Trauma is largely thought to be a condition which is ‘somatic’ meaning stored within the body. It is associated to the impact experienced in the aftermath of an experience which deregulates our ability to function in everyday life, otherwise known as PTSD – (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.) One of the most effective treatments for PSTD is a model developed by Dr Peter Levine known as ‘Somatic experiencing therapy’.
How RECORE treats trauma
At RECORE we use a holistic and person-centred treatment method to help you recover from trauma and live life in a more productive way. Our Programmes incorporate a combination of talking therapies, medical treatments and complimentary therapies to help relax and heal your body from the effects of trauma; these treatments are tailored to help you to identify where and how trauma entered into your life and help you learn new skills.
We will explore the impact trauma is having on your life, and how your belief system or lifestyle is relating to your health and wellbeing. By exploring your ‘belief’ system and life style our treatments at RECORE will provide you with necessary skills required to change unhealthy or harmful behaviour and beliefs that may have developed. At RECORE rest, relaxation and fun will be a healing part of your treatment for trauma.
We call this method of treatment a prescription for life. RECORE programmes work at teaching you new life changing skills that help to build resilience, take better care of you, and incorporate a healthier life pattern.
Why Choose Us
- Two treatment facilities in highly exclusive environments in Kusnacht and Braunwald, Switzerland
- Treating the complexity of a client’s underlying issues and not just the symptoms
- A bespoke and holistic treatment approach encompassing mind, body and life
- A Team of Expert Health Care Professionals, in the fields of medicine, psychotherapy, psychiatry including Expert Trauma Psychotherapist Dr. Peter Levine
- A combination of 1 to 1 and a small group therapeutic community
- A combination of the most effective aspects of general and alternative medicine
- An exclusive hospitality ensuring privacy and confidentiality with utmost attention to details
- A service which recognises the importance of Client confidentiality and privacy
Send admission request form
Arrange phone assessment
Admission day with diagnostics
Family & Interventions
At Recore, we understand that often the real work is needed at home. It is normal to feel calm and collected during meditation but easily angered by our own family. We can help you to address your upbringing and family life. Through deep exploration of the needs of the individuals and the family collective, you will learn new skills to help improve relationships. We offer intensive family therapy, group discussions and various workshops, helping each individual relearn how to listen and respond without judgement, opening up new avenues for communication.read more